TOP Teens is a human-capital development and mentoring scheme dedicated to girls education and empowerment. It is aimed at reaching out to young girls aged 13 – 19, educating, motivating, nurturing and empowering them to be the best possible versions of themselves. We are committed to improving girls’ productivity and commitment through mentorship and education.
TOP Teens started in 2016 as an online platform aimed at inspiring girls to develop themselves and rise above the limitations of society and life in general that has limited them from achieving their full potentials. We also shared real inspirational stories of females of all ages and background who were faced with similar challenges as a teen girl while growing up and how they overcame the challenges.
Our first physical training was held in July 2017 and since then, we have provided mentorship, various capacity building trainings for young girls, ICT training and Outreaches to secondary schools.
WHY FOCUS ON GIRLS?
Too many young girls are held back from pursuing their ambition and realizing their full potential by social, economic and cultural trap in Nigeria. If girls have access to education and proper mentoring, they would become more productive and self-reliant. A teenage girl who is able to realize her full potential is a woman who will contribute greatly to the social and economic growth of her community and nation.
- Encouraging and building girls to be confident in themselves and abilities.
- Bridging the gender gap in STEM.
- Empowering girls to achieve whatever they consider possible.
- Providing access to skills to be self-reliant and self-sufficient.
- Bridging the usual gap that exist between teen girls and their parents.
- Providing education to underprivileged girls in the rural areas.
HOW WE HOPE TO ACHIEVE THIS
- Linking Adolescent girls with outstanding female role models to mentor them and help achieve their full potentials as young career women in the field of STEM.
- Skills, Entrepreneurship, ICT and leadership training for girls.
- Outreaches to Secondary Schools where we interact with teen girls and are given the opportunity for a one-on-one mentoring session.
- Articles on our blog.
- Celebrating the successes and achievements of women globally (especially women in STEM) through their stories.
HOW YOU CAN HELP.
Because we cannot do this all by ourselves, we believe you too can join in too by
- Sharing your story to motivate a teen girl.
- Donating towards this cause. your donations will be used to aid our outreaches and trainings.
- Sharing our post with young girls in your network.
Together we can be a voice for teen girls and help make them achieve their full potentials
Girls can achieve anything.